Reception Training Improves Your Front of House
We’ve all heard the saying “You never get a second chance to make a first impression”. Your Reception team are responsible for ensuring that this impression is exceptional. Can you afford to get it wrong? Kirkland Traing offer a range of services to help improve the performance of your front-line teams.
Reception Support Visits
These visits are carried out with your Reception Manager / Head Receptionist. We deliver the right training and guidance to help you to drive the revenue of your hotel.
Often a one day evaluation visit, including on-job coaching and a full written report of recommended actions, the training course offers an almost immediate improvement in the performance of your Reception team.
The final report provides a detailed action plan and can be scored for future benchmarking should you wish. It covers the following areas:
- Delivering exceptional customer care
- Management of systems & IT
- Shift procedures & operational standards
- Telephone answering standards
- Financial procedures
- Business focus & sales enquiry handling
- Team training & development
Reception Training Courses
All training courses are written specifically for your needs with the content tailored to your requirements. The courses are informal and fun with the main aim being that all those attending have clear, measurable and achievable actions to put into practice when they return to work. Although some time is spent on relevant theory the major focus is on practical ways to improve service and deliver increased profit.
Example training agenda
Reception Development WorkshopA fun and informative day for new and existing Reception team members. The day covers:
- Creating an excellent first impression
- Face to face customer service standards
- Identifying customer types & their needs
- Handling customer feedback & complaints
- Professional telephone techniques & enquiry handling
Advanced Reception Development Workshop
Designed for senior Reception team members, this course covers all aspects of the Reception role in depth, including:
- Key skills refresher
- Customer service management
- Proactive selling skills – on the telephone & face to face
- Understanding 3rd party booking channels (internet & GDS)
- Market mix
- Yield management introduction
- Overbooking & filling 100%
- Understanding demand
- Managing standards in the department